Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption.
- Reads and prepares from a menu and/or recipe.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, etc.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers and tenderizers.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- May wash, peel, cut, and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- May butcher chickens, fish, and shellfish.
- May cut, trim and bone meat prior to cooking.
- May bake bread, rolls, cakes and pastry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Previous line and/or production experience.
- Culinary degree or related experience helpful.
- Able to stand continuously during shift.
- Able to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to withstand temperature variations, both hot and cold.
- Able to work schedule that includes Wednesday evenings and Sundays.