Baptism is by immersion after salvation and is done in obedience to Jesus Christ’s command.
The Motive for Baptism: Why Should You Be Baptized?
Baptism is necessary for Christian obedience, and is vital to growth in your Christian walk. We are encouraged to keep Christ’s commandments through baptism:
- By the example of Christ.
- By the encouragement of New Testament believers. (Acts 8:26–38; 10:47–48; and 16:25–34)
- By the explanation of Scripture. (Romans 6:4–5)
The Method of Baptism: How Should You Be Baptized?
Baptism can be confusing for some, but the Bible tells us the method of baptism clearly. It is a picture of our identification with Christ through His death, burial and resurrection.
The word baptize in the New Testament means "to immerse,” “to submerge” or “to place under.” Scripture says that Jesus “came up out of the water” when He was baptized.
The Meaning of Baptism: Who Should Be Baptized?
- Baptism is a public declaration of the believer’s personal faith in Christ.
- Baptism is a perfect illustration of what Christ did for sinners on the Cross through His death, burial and Resurrection.
- Baptism is a personal identification between Christ and His Church.
The Moment of Baptism: When Should You Be Baptized?
You should be baptized immediately following your salvation experience as a new believer. This is according to the pattern found in Acts 2:41.
On the Day of Your Baptism
After you have called and made arrangements to be baptized on a certain date, please adhere to the following:
- Please arrive for instruction 30 minutes prior to the Worship Service.
- Be sure to bring pants and undergarments to wear during the baptism; we will provide a baptism T-shirt.
- For your convenience, towels and hair dryers are also provided.
Our prayer is that God will make this act of obedience a lasting memory and a powerful testimony to others as you follow Christ in believer’s baptism. To help celebrate your baptism, we are pleased to provide you with a baptism certificate and DVD of your baptism. Both will be mailed within a few weeks following your baptism.
If you would like to be baptized, please call 972-820-5211 (Plano) or 972-798-6761 (North) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.