Sometimes it’s the small things that help us find Jesus during the Christmas season—a smile from a stranger, a card from a loved one. But often, we need to be intentional and find ways to be the “light of Christ” within the local community.
Here are some ways you can be the light of Christ and serve throughout the North Texas community this year:
- Serve at Metrocrest Services in Carrollton between now and Christmas to receive donations for those in need throughout our community. Click here for details and to become a volunteer.
- Volunteer as a Christmas Store Helper at Interfaith Family Services on December 11–12. Click here for details and to become a volunteer.
- Serve at the Christmas Store Giveaway at Dallas Life Foundation, a Christmas outreach for the homeless, on December 19–21. Click here for details and to become a volunteer.
- You can donate a new toy for a child in need, that will be used by Grace Bridge at the North Campus Wrapped in Love Christmas community outreach on December 17. New toy donations will be accepted through Thursday, December 14, in the North Campus Atrium and the Prestonwood Cares collection boxes outside the Missions Building on the Plano Campus.
- Make homemade Christmas cards with your children. Together, drop them off at an assisted-living facility in your area as a Christmas blessing to their residents.
Thank you so much for your heart to be the light of Christ across the North Texas community!
For more information, please contact: