The Texas Constitutional Amendment Election is November 5. To view a summary of each amendment that you will be asked to vote on, click here.
Christians are dual citizens. Our allegiance is first, last and always to Christ and His kingdom, but we also have a responsibility as citizens of our nation to be actively involved in our government. We fulfill this responsibility by:
- Praying for our officials
- Engaging in government policy by speaking out on moral and social issues
- Voting for candidates and laws that promote righteousness and justice
- Paying taxes
- Serving in the military
- Holding public office
We can obey Christ and still serve as Christian citizens! We must stand for the basic human right to life, strengthen marriage and the family as the foundation of our society, and protect the right to practice one’s faith freely and publicly.
The Core Functions of the Culture Impact Team
- To inform the church leadership and congregation about the moral issues concerning and affecting our community (Hosea 4:6)
- To educate and equip the membership to engage in these issues (Ephesians 4:11–12)
- To alert the membership when prayer and action is needed (1 Corinthians 14:8)
- To mobilize the membership for various forms of action with a goal of making a positive impact for the greater good (Romans 12:6; Philippians 2:2)
- To register people to vote and encourage them to vote for candidates who stand for our values
Please pray about your involvement in this critical ministry.
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. —2 Chronicles 7:14
Instilling in our communities a persuasive influence that is in line with biblical principles and serves as an agent of change in protecting the basic human right to life, strengthening marriages and the family as the foundation of our society, and protecting religious freedom