Love and Respect
As a date night discussion guide
Helps husbands and wives become intentional about meeting their mate’s greatest need
- Schedule a dinner or coffee date.
- Each spouse should listen to the 30-minute “Happy Wife, Happy Life” message by Pastor Jack Graham (available at JackGraham.org).
- Each spouse should spend a few minutes writing down answers to the questions on the reverse side.
During the Date
Spend 15 minutes discussing your answers.
Read aloud Ephesians 5:25–28 and answer the following questions…
- Do you agree that your wife’s primary marital need is to be cherished by you?
- What are some of the ways you try to show her sacrificial love?
- What are 2-3 ways she needs you to show love that you might find difficult?
- What do you think your wife would say if invited to offer a few “baby step” suggestions on better meeting her needs?
Read aloud Ephesians 5:22–24 and answer the following questions…
- Do you agree that your husband needs to feel respected?
- What are some of the ways you try to show that you admire and respect him?
- What are 2-3 things he would appreciate but might be more difficult for you to do?
- What do you think your husband would say if invited to offer a few “baby step” suggestions on better meeting his needs?
Read aloud Ephesians 5:31–33. Then hold hands and pray these words…
Dear God, Help us to better fulfill the purpose of our marriage by modeling the relationship between Christ and His Bride. Amen
© 2010 Inkling Innovations