As a date night discussion guide
Husbands and wives will reaffirm their lifelong love for each other.
- Schedule a dinner or coffee date.
- Plan to end your date at a quiet, romantic location.
During the Date
- Take turns finishing this sentence: “If someone had asked me during our engagement why I wanted to marry you, I would have said _________________.”
- Alternate sharing how you were feeling just moments before your wedding ceremony began.
You’ve heard the expression, “The grass is greener on the other side.” The truth is, in marriage, the grass is greener where you water it. Take turns sharing a simple way your spouse can intentionally “water” you this week.
"I Do" Rendezous
End your date by going to your designated spot. While holding hands, renew the following wedding vows with each other. . .
- Husbands: “I take you again to be my wedded wife; I promise to always love you, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, from this day forward; I will honor and serve you, and be a faithful husband until we are separated by death.”
- Wives: “I take you again to be my wedded husband; I promise to always love you, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, from this day forward; I will honor and serve you, and be a faithful wife until we are separated by death.”
- You may now kiss your spouse! (Take as long as you like)
Nothing is easier than saying words, and nothing is harder than living them day after day. To help you in this, post your wedding vows in a place where you will see them daily (mirror, laptop, office desk, etc.).
© 2011 Inkling Innovations and Chris Sherrod